Great to hear Mach.

Yes, I am going to try the casters I found at ThomasRegister (even though I get the feeling that ThomasRegister is some spammy "cool web search directory" like the rest of 'em). The list was broken down to specifically list small run shops and the different types of molding they did. I will select the most fitting ones (from the list of 48 or so) and contact them. I will see if they offer different methods of doing the project, hoping to find the most cost effective one.

Here is my list of questions for casters (largly extracted from Mach's previous e-mails. it will continue to grow and change):

Small runs? 200 - 300 sets? Quantity price breaks / quantity tiers?

Process:
- -Injection, RIM, hand casting, other?
- -For each: mold type, mold life, setup costs and labor costs.
(once a process is decided on)

Mold:
- -The design and CAD files are copyrighted, but we have been given permission to use them. Do not distribute the design or CAD publicly.
- -Created from buttons, CAD, other?
- -Buttons destroyed while creating mold?
- -What material? Plastic, metal, other?
- -Use a mold we provide? What types can you accept?

Button material:
- -Resin, other? Same as current button?
- -How to color them? Dye, precolored plastic, other?

Proofing:
- -Corrections to the mold, colors, materials used?
- -Final signoff before production?

Quality control issues:
- -Clarity, uniform color dispersion, correct fit, uniform light diffusion, free of bubbles or other visbile defect.

Production:
- -Different quantities of different colors? Or the same quantity of all colors? Additional costs for either approach?
- -Turn around time?

Cost estimates:
- -Mold, materials, labor costs, ultimate per unit cost?