My wish list for the next software release:

The first ones are sort-of prioritized and are "show stopper" bugs: (But I have 4 units anyway 'cause I'm addicted!)

#1: Sort by track #. ("By Design"? Hysterical.) Listening to Cats, Yentl, or any musical is very odd listened to alphebetically!

#2: I have some .mp3s that are viewable by Artist, but not by category, somethings missing them. I've checked with lots of other software, which had no problem, and other tracks in the same group work fine, but those are missed. That's annoying. I am willing to share 1 or 2 files that are broken as examples to get it fixed... Just ask & I'll e-mail them or ftp them to the right person!

#3: Support of lots of tracks: I have 8000 tracks and growing. (Still haven't recorded lots of my CD's) Aren't 80 GB HDDs great!? Anyway, view by artist takes a while, which is OK. View by track would be completely unusable, but that doesn't really matter, because it crashes and reboots if I try anyway! At the least, it'd probably need to break them down A, B, C, etc. if you have that many tracks. Maybe a UI expert can figure out a better way (Preferably a different expert than the one who decided that alphebetical tracks were cool ;-)

#4: Once I've requested a group, (artist, album, playlist, whatever), let me filter which one's I want to hear next. In other words, maybe I feel like "Rock" so I pick that Genre, but I really want to hear Pink Floyd's Wall first. I should be able to pick that if I want, but when its over, it should continue with Rock. Then if I want another artist, album or song later, I should be able to jump to it

#5: Better sound quality. I don't know if that's the hardware, software or a limitation of .mp3s.

Unprioritized:

A) I'd love an SDK! Some of this is probably from the empeg publicly available source, why not make all of it available? (Or am I looking in the wrong place?) The license could have a non-compete clause, and you're making money from the hardware, not the software, anyway

B) It'd be nice to have the remote control line-out volume

C) The remote's pretty much unusable to find new music with that many tracks. I don't know how to fix it, but play, stop, skip forward and skip backward are about the only buttons that I use.

D) Some mechanism to get the server to syncronize receivers (if desired). It'd be neat if I could go to the hot tub and hear the same music as was playing inside (for my purposes the synchronization doesn't have to be exact, just the same song or so.) I have 4 of these things, 1 in the bedroom, 1 in the living room, 1 in the basement play area and 1 scheduled for the hot tub area. Of course whoever's in those areas would still like to be able to pick different stuff if they want.

These are sort of really long term wishes that I don't expect but could be really cool features.

E) A "Delete" key to flag an MP3. Since I converted all of my CDs to MP3, there are some that I dislike. It'd be nice if I could mark them when I hear them, and then later I could use some sort of tool on the computer to figure out what to do with them.

F) Similarly, some sort of preferences thing could be really cool. It could keep track of when I skipped a song. After enough times, it could offer that song less often. If I hit back to listen to a song again it could mark the song and offer it more often. The id3 tags have the idea of this, so it'd be neat to use it. Of course it'd be really neat if it knew if it was me or my wife or my kids!

I'm sure I've missed some, but I think I got most of my important concerns, thanks for listening.