Errors Reading Genre tags:

Sorry I wasn't clear about my genre problem. Yes, the problem tracks won't play by Genre. I'll double check the tags with tag studio to make sure they are OK, however I changed them with Real Jukebox (latest version) and I've set it to change both v1 and v2 tags. Its possible that corruption mixed one of them up, but if Real's getting them right, then it seems a bit hard for a consumer product to expect the user to investigate much further.

Sound Quality:

I though it was "perfect", but then I stuck the CD in the CD-player and played the MP3s back on the MP3 player, through the same Onkyo amp. (Nice amp, but old). The MP3s were subtly worse, having slightly less depth and overtones. I plan on doing a more thorough test when I have the time, to narrow down the difference by trying MP3s and WMAs at different rates, and trying it through a CD-player that plays both CD audio and mp3s.

Playing directly to speakers was worse by far than through the amp, but that is to be expected. I'm perhaps pickier than most. I do play directly to cheap speakers in my bedroom though, and that's just fine for me. I even think the EQ idea is silly, so I guess my pickiness is just in different directions :-) Perhaps a digital out in a future model would be cool.

8000 tracks in the UI:

I hope the UI gurus are working on the UI. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with it. Selecting one of 8000+ tracks is a problem, but I think there's plenty of buttons on both the box and the remote to solve the problem, it just needs good UI design to make it happen. I don't think they expected that many tracks is part of the problem :-)

"Delete" functionality:

My ass is too lazy to walk downstairs to where the server is (with no monitor) or turn on another computer to terminal server into it :-) That's a lot of work to delete a track I don't like, or to flag one as popping if I messed up the recording. I think its a bit unrealistic to expect computer access to be right there when listening, after all, the point is to get access to the files without using the computer!

- Shawn