The TurtleBeach AudioTron I am using now is really nice. And most importantly... NO LINUX.

I'm replying because I am curious about the last part of that statement. To me, the OS of a device like this dosen't matter much as long as it works.

I do agree though, Turtle Beach has done a better job of supporting the AudioTron compaired to the support from Rio on the RioReceiver. Many bugs still plague the RioReceiver that have existed since day one, while other Rio products including the RioCar, RioVolt, and other lines have seen the support they deserve. Honestly I think Rio has spread empeg too thin. From the hints dropped by the people there, they have quite a few projects in development, along with the need to maintain 3 released products. It's been said that the RioReciever will see an update after 2.0 is released for the RioCar, but 2.0 has been in public beta for many months now. It could still take a few more months before the empeg folks have enough time to pay attention to the Receiver.

On the other side of the fence, Turtle Beach has released many updates to the Audiotron, adding web control, and fixing tons of issues.

The recent low prices from several places, lack of a non US rollout, and no huge push for an update has me worried an EOL is nearby as well.

I don't mean any of this in a harsh way against any of the empeg people, it's just that it seems Rio expects way too much out of a small UK office they bought.