Don't mean to be hard on Linux... It's a good operating system. Though my company uses Unix to run our Oracle servers on HP N class towers. We also run Unix on a V class for our backup system. We can't really use Linux for enterprise, as it really has no corporate support.

As for our application servers, everything is Windows2000 Server... Which is what my servers run at home. And XP Pro for all the desktops, at home and at work.

I never bash Linux, though I get really sick of Linux heads (and apple for that matter) that have to constantly rip on microsoft. It's funny at first, but after a while, it just starts to sound like penis envy. To them I say, if you don't like microsoft, don't use it. As free operating systems go, Linux is clearly the best thing going. (I like the Marduk version)

So, with that said... My reason for not wanting the Dell anymore is not because it runs Linux... It's simply the lack of support, the absense of a tos-link output, and the fact that the software is lacking (plus it does not run well as a service).

It is in perfect condition, and will include all it's original remote, cables, manual, cd, and even the original box. I will also pay for shipping anywhere in the continental US. $110 will be the magic number, but I am not sure how to do the payment thingie... Think of it... No tax, no shipping, and in the more-attractive(imo) Dell branded shell.

I have one friend here interested in it, but he seldom coughs up the money when he says he wants stuff...

Going once..........
-Dana

Edited by dleasman (27/03/2002 09:22)