Well, I've setup the home network now, so I thought that I'd share what I've done, just for completeness.

I have 2xWAP11 (One old one, one version 2.2, whatever that means).

The WAP11 (old) is upstairs in the computer room.
The WAP11 2.2 is downstairs in the living room
There is a 5 port switch attacked to the downstairs WAP11
The WAP11 (old) is connected to the main 8port switch upstairs and has connectivity over broadband.

I also have a wireless client (laptop) and can't afford to get rid of this functionality, so a straight wireless bridge is no good, since you can only bridge two networks and you lose the ability for 'normal' clients.
So. the WAP (old) is configured as an 'Access Point' and the WAP11 2.2 (downstairs) is configured as an 'Access Point Client' with the MAC address of the WAP11 (old) in the MAC address field.

Setting of the 'default' route correctly means that no matter where I am I can browse the internal network and the external network.

The wireless client however, can only connect to the access point upstairs (WAP11 (old)), not the one downstairs, so I lose some range, but it works.

Everything seems to be connected in this manner.

I'm not sure if the WET11 will work as a 'Access Point Client' so I'm not sure if you can do this with that tech.

Anyway,

Cheers,

Paul