Sorry about the delay in responding...

1) When you say "rioplay w/ jrec is slower than the rio software" do you mean Rioplay & Jrec is slower than Rioplay & Rio server software? Or Rioplay & Jrec is slower than Rio player & Jrec?

Rioplay and jrec is slower than (a) rio server and rio player (b) jrec server and jrec player.

2) Are you talking just Playlists, or any query? I can fix playlist playing easily enough. The reason I have it sort the responses to other querys though is that in my experience, the results returned from Jrec (or even the official server, I think) are in a seemingly random order.

When I use jrec server and the jrec player, my playlists from jrec are sorted by artist/album/trackno. When I access the same playlists via rioplay, they are sorted alphabetically. For example, if I select an artist, I would like the playlist to default to a sort order by album, then by trackno. For a genre, by artist/album/trackno. In jrec you can set up the default sort order as I have indicated. I would just like it to play that way.

Thanks again for your hard work. It is appreciated.