You'll need a little inverter board to do this, which plugs into a 4-pin header on the main board. Hugo might be able to help you out with the circuit diagram.
That would be super.
    if it's doing some NFS and then starting again, it sounds like it's crashing and rebooting.
That was my layman's guess, too.
    service locator request
Is that the SSDP upnp UDP broadcast thingy?
    What does the screen say (exactly) -- the second kernel displays a different screen, so we can tell if it's successfully loading that.
Rio (graphic)
Please wait
Searching for music server

then

Rio (graphic)
Please wait
Found music server

then

(blank)

then it restarts. I think I can see the LCD reset here, too.

When I get it running w/ the Windows software, it does the same thing except the blank screen doesn't last very long and is followed by:

Audio (graphic)
Receiver (graphic)
Searching for music... (inside a single-pixel frame)
    Do you have the necessary layout files installed?
Eh? Layout files? (Edit: You mean the /layout/* files that it gets from the web server? They're there, but remember that, as far as I can see, it never makes any web requests at all; NFS is as far as it gets.)

In playing around with it, I found this interesting tidbit:

If I start the player against the Windows Audio Receiver, then exit the Audio Receiver application and start the Mock SSDP server, then turn off the Receiver and turn it back on, it works. In this method, when I tuen the Reciever back on, It only shows the ``Audio Receiver'' graphic startup screen.

Is it caching the NFS root that it received from the Windows Audio Receiver software and then using the SSDP data from the Mock server?

Edit: I also get the same thing if I use a Solaris 7 NFS server instead. Surely it isn't relying on some quirk in Linux's NFS server.

Edited by wfaulk (29/01/2003 17:19)