Well .. after a few false starts with tRio .. I made some progress [not working yet though.]

running readhat 7.2 , jreceiver 2.4

Here are a few suggestions first :P
1. include linux/unix trio.sh and trio.xml files
2. link to this message board or at least post the link .. SOMEWHERE on your sourceforge website.

now . I had a false start initially .. I thought it was my .sh file .. or bad xml or something . but it turns out that I was running jre 1.3.1_02.

after installing j2re 1.4.0_03 last night .. I was able to get tRio to boot up. I was then able to connect to the server and generate playlists (which i think is a particularly COOL idea .. the interface takes a little getting used to .. and the screens are painful .. but I can modify the screens :P)

however .. I was unable to actually PLAY anything.
It choked .. just sat there.

out of frustration .. i restored my .arf in tftpboot/ip# for all 3 of my receivers just to make sure jreceiver was working ok. it was.

One wierdness I should report .. I turned off jetty, restored my .arf and restarted jetty .. but the one rio I was using as a test box continued to try to find the tRio .. it just kept cycling between the looking for music server / found music server / *FREEZE* / rince-lather-repeat.

I physically unplugged the receiver for about 15 mins and that seemed to do it. [I had unplugged it for 40 seconds and about 2 mins .. and that didnt touch the problem]

just posting that last bit so if anyone tries to revert .. they don't freak out