Right now I've got a pretty good plan in my head, but I've promised to finish my basement before I do this (some motivation). I'm going to take some measurements of the rim profile and create a simple revolved 3-d model in Autodesk. I'll scale it down a little to allow for the wall thickness of the fiberglass. Then I'm going to print some 1:1 sections (of the void in the center) that I"ll trace onto cardboard & cut. I'll set these up like a divider from a case of liquor. (ie sliced halfway across and set up in a grid) I'll then use this as a core to wrap in fiberglass & get a nice stiff box. I'm going to secure it to a 3/4" thick circle of MDF with sheet metal screws and silicone to seal the airgap. The MDF will already have been cut out and drilled to accept the 10" woofer. I'll then drill oodles of holes in my back deck and cover them (on the backside) with a fine metal mesh to keep crap off the woofer. This way, I've not attached anything to the back deck, get all the volume available. It looks like some good subs only requre 0.6 cu. ft. of airspace for a sealed enclosure (per Crutchfield). I don't think this should be too hard to get inside a full 15" alloy rim with as shallow a woofer as possible. I'll post results & pics when I get this done (probably sometime in spring).

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on this plan.

-Zele

just say you weren't paying much attention...