My problem with listening at the local stereo shop is that the room is nothing like my car, so what might be great there might not be so good for me. I don't know. It's also weird having the salesman hovering around the whole time too, just to switch between em. Creepy.

Can the frequency range specs in Crutchfield be trusted or are they just ad fluff straight from the manufacturers? I like specs. I know they don't tell the whole story, but they're ususally not a bad way to go.

Good to hear the Sony's treated you right. I'm a little chary of their stuff after my last Sony head unit died at 1.5 years old.

Here's what I've gathered to learn so far: ported enclosures can be 'boomy' at certain frequencies, while sealed enclosures don't go as loud (but are more accurate), but are there BIG differences between the $89 Infinity Kappas and those in the $180 range? What should I look for in construction?

Also, why is the Polk Momo M1100 $300?

So many questions, but since I'm doing a custom box, I want to put the best speaker into it that I can without spending $$ needlessly.

-Zeke

just say you weren't paying much attention...