Kris,

First - the tablet works very well, as long as it is Windows 9x/Me or Win2K/XP, XLobby will work very well for this purpose. There is a PocketPC client, but it only supports it's own music module, so that won't work for me. I need full control of all modules.

Second - Interface/Infrared. I use a USB-UIRT IR transceiver attached to my HTPC. It receives and transmits infrared. I now only use it to transmit.

I have custom pages in XLobby to control all of my standard (IR) devices. Press a button on the client and it sends a signal to XLobby server (the HTPC) and it sends a Girder event to Girder (infrared control software) and Girder sends the IR signal through the USB-UIRT. This all happens almost instantly. I have macros in Girder that will trigger multiple events with one button press. Like turn on the TV, Amp, Satellite Receiver, select all of the correct inputs, and put the amp in THX mode.

Finally, I have a control page for tRio. It is just an XLobby page with a ˇ§web browserˇ¨ window that goes only to the tRio web applet.

That is the basic idea. I have uploaded my XLobby skin and Girder GML file to the XLobby site as an example. It is still a work in progress though. The tRio control page is not yet in there. It wouldnˇ¦t work for anyone else anyway, unless their server was the exact name as mine

I now have synched, whole house audio control. I can't tell you how happy that makes me

Also, the dreaded LCD screen is now MEANINGLESS !! GOD I LOVE THIS THING ! Thank you Paul !

Sam

Edited by samgreco (23/08/2003 08:21)