I thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in on this one. I was able to download the non-CDDB software ISO image, burn it to a CD, and upgrade my Central with no problem.

Then I gave the CD to my dad, since I talked him into buying a used one , and he got an error message when trying to load the CD and going through the upgrade steps. I forget what the error message was, but it was a fatal error of some sort.

I went over to visit, and thought I'd give it another try. What I discovered when I spoke to Dad is that he had some music playing via a playlist on the Central when he tried the update. That sounded like a potential conflict to me, so I paused the Central, and got the unit into a "Standby" state....

When I put the CD in the drive, the correct options came up and the upgrade was successful. I verified it by looking at the "About" menu to see what version of software was running....

So maybe it's worth a try to stop whatever processes are running at the time when attempting the upgrade.....

I hope that helps, Randy