I tried again this morning to upgrade my original Rio Central to the new software. I was able to successfully upgrade my second unit (I bought a second one from Overstock.com).

But my original unit won't upgrade, using the same CD that I burned for the one that did work. I thought I'd post the error message and see if anyone else was having the same issue...I've tried powering off from scratch with the upgrade CD in the drive, and I've also tried just inserting the upgrade CD while the unit is running. I can get it to read the CD and display the menu, but when I try to select the upgrade, then I get an error message right away.

It says "There was an error applying upgrade (status 0xc0044000). CD may be damaged or improperly written".

Does anyone have any ideas about what is happening? The only difference between my two units is that the successful upgrade has very little recorded on it (120GB Drive upgrade), while the original unit that won't upgrade has 20GB free on a 120GB drive, lots of music, etc.....

Thanks for any suggestions...I've attached a photo of the Central screen showing the error message...

Randy

Attachments
4981-Central.jpg (695 downloads)