Hi Matthew,
I've been able to work around this problem a couple of ways, let me see if I can recall the details....

First of all, there is definitely a link between this error and a hard drive that has a bit of music on it. In other words, I've never seen the error message on a blank or new hard drive. When I see the error, it's always on a drive that has been used for awhile and consequently has a little or a lot of music on it.

So one way to get around the problem is to remove the drive, put it in a PC (I use removable disc caddies), and then use Partition magic to remove the existing partitions and also the contents. Then I put the drive back into the Central and load up the new software. Of course, that will delete all the music you currently have on the Central.

You can use jEmplode to download all the music to your PC and re-upload it if you want. Or one method I used when I had 100 GB worth of music on the drive...

A) I installed the 1.10 software on the Central on a blank drive
B) I inserted the old Central drive with the music in one slot on my PC.
C) Then I inserted the 1.10 Central drive in the PC
D) Then I used partition magic to duplicate the partition that has the music content from the old hard drive to the new 1.10 drive.
E) Insert the new 1.10 with the music into the Central and boot it up. It worked for me....

If you don't care to keep the music on the Central, the upgrade process is easy...Does that help at all?

Thanks, Randy