Thanks, Tony....I would love to put the two drives in one Central and copy the tunes that way, but I've tried twice and couldn't get the Central to boot up with two drives installed. I did have a problem with the IDE cable that surfaced later, so maybe the cable was the problem and I should try it again...I have a USB keyboard, so if anyone knows what the shell commands would be, I'd appreciate some help and maybe I'll give that a try...

As far as the copy/paste operation, I've spent 4-5 hours trying to get this to work with no results. I don't think I'm doing it wrong, but ya never know (that's why I posted)...

Another reason I'd like to copy the songs this way is that my original Central with all the tunes won't accept the latest software upgrade (1.10). The second Central took it just fine, and I wanted to get those fix(es) installed (especially the multiple copy mode fix)...

So if I can get this copy operation to work correctly, then the second Central can be my "master" and I can use my hard drive dupe box to clone that hard drive and get two identical units with the same music and upgraded software...

If only I can copy the music....I guess I'll look into the Central --> PC --> Central copy solution. Is there anything in the FAQ about that? I'll take a look...

Randy