Ok, I know I still shouldn't be running alpha 9, but i just haven't had any time to downgrade my empeg lately.

Anyways, Last night I was adding a new album onto my empeg. This time i used jEmplode for the first time to modify my database. It uploaded the album, but the playlist wasn't where I put it, nor was it any visible place on the empeg. Trying to load it with the set PIN number caused the player UI to crash (sitting at the hourglass). However hijack was still working for a long knob press.

After about 4 attempted syncs with jEmplode, each time I did something it would screw up my playlists even more. At one point last night all my "G" albums disappeared. Finally I installed the USB driver (I was using ethernet), and loaded up emplode, and it decided to do a disk check.

So that was at about 4am, I left the empeg syncing and went to bed. When I woke up, the error that it lost the connection during the reboot, so I unplugged the power to see if it at least built the database and it didn't (had to wait around for 5+ minutes for the manual empeg db rebuild)

After a few more sync's I had all my G items back, minus the album i was trying to add. Emplode saw it, but the empeg would never display that playlist under g, or anyplace else. So I deleted that album, and added it again with Emplode. Worked perfectly, well almost, still the same connection timeout message after the reboot, but at least the new album in on my a9 player.

So, now I’m at work... had to bring my cables with me today so I could have music on the way home. So I figured I’d use the http web server to steam some tracks. This is where I’m a bit scared.
HiJack doesn't see/display my actual playlist structure. Which is at the root level "!", "#", "A-E", "F-J", "K-O", "P-T", "U-Z", what it does display is each letter of the alphabet, and a "VA" item which I’m guessing is for Various Artists. The only catch is i don't have that structure at all.
I'm also sure that fidsift'ing my fids probably wasn't the best idea while running alpha software, but either way, my fids are sifted, with noticeable speed improvements for browsing playlists, and DB rebuilds.