[rant]
Just got back from a "technology luncheon" with Lamar Smith where they disccused legalites and such with regards to technology. One of the issues was P2P, digital rights etc. I ended up talking to the special guest of our CEO and lamenting DRM, how it provides me (the consumer) with no rights at all, and how frustrating it is to have to re-rip music I buy so I can put it on my player. He told me matter of factly that I was the problem and I simply needed to upgrade my player to something that is more compatible with my listening needs. I almost blew a gasket, but managed to remain in control and be polite. I've never downloaded anything illegaly in my life and it's frustrating to be treated like a criminal simply because I want to freedom to use the music I've legally purchased however I wish. I told him as much, and that I don't want to lose my invenstiment in my player in order to downgrade my listening experience. He just kept repeating it was "my choice then" and I shouldn't be complaining.

I realize that not everyone has the DRM problem that we empeggers do, but that doesn't make me feel any better about my digital "rights" being restricted.
[/rant]