I made a start towards buying a new car today. We went out and looked at TVRs and Porsches. The main task of the day was to make sure that both Eryl and I could reach the pedals...

I had prepared myself to be disappointed by the TVR Tuscan, I know build quality reflects the cost (faster than most Ferraris for a third the price). I was still surprised however by how many little bits of trim were falling off the 2-3 years old cars we looked at.

Happily we (ok, Eryl ) could reach the pedals in both the Tuscan and Boxster.

The Tuscan interior feels like a very special place to be, the curves that make up the design just flow around you so well. It is huge inside as well, I hadn't realise that there was so much space. We really could take the kitchen sink with us.

The Boxster interior is not so special, it feels like a "normal" car. It does however feel much, much more solid. The two year old Boxster we looked at really did look brand new still. It was surpisingly cramped inside though, with my knees touching the dash as the do in the MX5.

I can see this is going to be a very difficult decision. Need to arrange some test drives this week...