Quote:
My god if I left my car purchasing until I had more money, I'd have never bought a car. Or is it just one more Post Office job?

I know, I could just about afford it now, but with a £20k loan. If I wait six months I should be able to manage with little or no loan. I've been waiting nearly five years for this purchase, so I can survive another six months...

Quote:
The WRX is no quicker than my Clio, I'd definately get an STi if I were to consider an Impreza (which I am).

It has to be reasonably affordable to insure as a second car, meaning it might have zero no claims available (unless I can find a insurer who gives a decent price on the silly car and honours the no claims on both cars). It also has to be the 5-door version (because the whole point of having it is so it is a sensible car with a big boot).

There is no UK 5-door STi as far as I know. So if I wanted a faster 5-door Impreza it would have to be an import or a modded car. Both options would push the insurance up.

The Impreza doesn't have to be stupidly quick, I'll have my silly car in the long term for that, it is comfortably quicker (in a straight line at least) than the MX5.

Hell, at least it isn't the bog standard turbo...