Quote:
I imagine that it attaches to the wiring in your car that would transmit the appropriate signals to your factory headunit if it were still there and translates them to the equivalent signals that would be generated by a Sony Stalk, then transmits them to the empeg.

Yup. I've been looking at this for my Peugeot 206, but haven't worked up the conviction that it's worth the price... Had no problems doing searches at 160km/h on the way to/from the Amersfoort meet - though it takes a while going by feel only, remote clutched in hand up on the wheel, bouncing the IR into the empeg, only going for the next letter when the road was clear. At 200+ I decided against it though...

To determine which adapter you need, you'll have to have the car - might well be that each type of connector is used in different trim levels / radio alternatives w/o regard to model year / build date...

As Bitt says - one end plugs into the factory wiring plug, the other end into the tuner module's connector meant for a Sony stalk wired remote, and works by interpreting the signals (resistive, serial [as is the case in the Pug], whatever...) from the stock controller and translating them to the corresponding Sony stalk resitance/voltage.

Edit: the one I've been looking is from www.connects2.com and has successfully been used by Pug owners on other boards.