NBC are showing the opening ceremony of the Olympic games, and during the parade of nations, every time they come back from a commercial break they list the handful of countries that were missed because of the break.

WTF? This is a taped recording. It's not as if it is a repeat of an earlier live show that included commercial breaks to begin with - they didn't show it live, preferring to reserve it for prime time. Why couldn't they just err..., stop the tape, during those breaks?

This doesn't bode well for the rest of their Olympic coverage. I can easily imagine commercial breaks obliterating key moments in events, regardless of whether the event is live or taped.

While I'm having a rant, their talking heads are doing a wonderful job. Blokey started talking about terrorism and muslims just as the first predominantly muslim country (Algeria) parades. Girly makes prejudicial comment along the lines of, "Looks like they decided to leave the furs at home", as the Mongolians walk past. Twats, the both of them.

Aargh, I'm in NBC hell.