I've got my Empeg setup in another room with my stereo. It looks very good sitting in the MLord dock atop one of my speakers. It does not look so good when I undock it to sync music in the room where my computer is. So, I thought that I'd put it on my wireless network. My frustration level is mounting as I'm wondering if I've even got the right parts to make it work. Any help, advice, or links would be appreciated.

I've got a DSL model hooked into a Linksys wireless router, a wireless bridge hooked into a 5 port hub with 2 computers hooked to the hub, and a single laptop running with a wireless card. All of this is Linksys 802.11b and works most of the time as expected.

I'm trying to introduce an access point(linksys 802.11g which is supposed to be compatible with 802.11b) in place of the bridge and move the bridge to the Empeg in the other room but no dice. (See below for peektures). When I hook up both the bridge and the access point, I can only connect to the router via the bridge or access point but not at the same time. In other words, switching the computer connection between the bridge and the access point results in a router connection with the access point but not the bridge or vice versa depending on which was connected first. Is connectivity even possible with this combination of hardware? Is it expected to that the two devices would block each other? I am running the access point in the default AP configuration but it can be apparently switched to be a bridge also. Would this help?

Thanks for the assistance.

Attachments
231164-Untitled-2.jpg (83 downloads)

Edited by Mach (30/08/2004 18:11)