OK .. This is probably the largest single update in over a year. That's good and bad ... Good because there's a lot of cool stuff in there, bad because nothing may work anymore I'm curious about:

1) soup performance -- does the app feel substantially slower? (there's a LOT more stuff going on behind the scenes now to do dynamic rollups, resorting, etc)

2) success/failure of fast db rebuilds

3) messed up soups ... soups were rather dramatically modified, so keep an eye out for weird problems and exceptions on the console

I recommend dropping all your soups before you upgrade and readding them afterwards ... At the very least drop and readd after the upgrade, but having a clean soup-slate going into the new build will just make it happier I think.

And for the changes:

Option to disable removing articles for comparisons (look in Options menu). You will need to drop and readd your soups for this to function properly in your soups (it won't retroactively update)

Regex search (title regex "^[a-z]")

Track numbers are sorted numerically (actually, the same comparison is used in soups as in table column sorting, so dates are sorted properly as well)

Empty fields are left empty rather than setting to "(none)" .. a bunch of (none)'s just looks busy

Option to enable Tony Selections

Rebuild-on-PC is back (check Options panel, off by default). This currently requires a 3.0 player because it writes an /empeg/var/database3 file.

Fast rebuild from memory is back (check Options panel, off by default). Note that Rebuild-on-PC is actually pretty damn slow .. Fast rebuild's where it's at. All the cool kids are using it. Oh yeah, pc rebuild and fast rebuild are both alpha. It's not a big deal, since worst case is your Empeg just forces a rebuild, but you've been warned.

Reordering of soup playlists when aggregate tags change

Fixed problem in rebuild-on-pc where the Empeg would timeout and restart before the rebuild completed

Fixed problem in rebuild-on-pc where a bogus tag (line w/ no = in it) would explode the rebuild and fall back to the on-Empeg rebuild

New Playlist brings up an RMML-style fill-in-title box first that gives you the option to cancel playlist creation

Added aggregate tag support/updating aggregates to all playlists (not just soups)

Year is sorted as a number

Playlist checkbox properties actually do something more than look pretty again ... actually they don't even look pretty ... oh well .. they work now

New Sort By Tag pulldown in the Playlist properties dialog tab. This sets and maintains a running sort of the playlist. If a child playlist is created it inherits the parent's sort by default, but this can be overridden.

Global autosort property is gone now since you can control it on a per-playlist basis. I might bring this back as a new default sort, but we'll see how people end up using the new soup sorts to see if this is even useful.

Runtime loop checking is done on playlists now (so you can't put Playlist A into Playlist A and various other permutations of that problem)