Quote:
I think the worst part of the duo is the terrible looking Alpine head unit. Not to mention it's abysmal UI and display. It's just an expensive way to cripple the iPod. Dension's icelink is still the way to go for in-car integration of an iPod.

Bruno

erm, don't think so, icelink doesn't give you tags - icelink has also got some very bad reviews, apparently it doesn't work very well at all.

With regards to the way headunits look, I personally don't have a problem with the alpine styling. Infact the first time I saw the empeg I thought it looked a bit cheap (I was raving about it to a mate and he also thought the same).

Time has moved on, and although the empeg still is way out in front with regards to what it can do, I'm bored of lugging it about and being paranoid about dropping it or leaving it somewhere etc. Had it have had a removable faceplate then there wouldn't be so much of a problem, but then you need someway of accessing the harddrive to upload your music, the alpine/ipod solution is nice because you just take your ipod indoors.

That said, there's no way I'm parting with the empeg, it's a little piece of history!