Quote:
Icelink gives you control. I don't care about using the head unit's display if I'm going to be stuck with something as minimal as that Alpine.

Personally, I think the Sony and Rockford models look way better than the Alpine. Clarion units usually look much better than Alpine as well.

Alpine is and has always been the top choice for anyone who wants quality sound output. I personally think that Alpines are the best looking and sounding anywhere. I always have my empeg on the auxilary input so I can get the best sound out of it through the 9835's mp3 media Xpander, time correction, built in pre amp with parametric eq, etc...

The UI is not the greatest but think about the fact that 95% percent of the settings that need to be made have to be made once and that is initially. Everything else is within reach and easy to navigate! The only setting I ever change on a regular basis is the sub level output and the volume! The deck makes pretty much everything sound it's best IMO.

I still don't understand how Rockfords could ever look better than Alpines...Sonys on the other hand do look nice but sound like garbage!!! They're designed to attract young fools IMO, at least Rockfords have some real functionality. Here is my 9835 & Empeg at night...tell me how thats not purdy