today I've changed the repaired (as in FAQs) cutted wire of the VFD cable with an entire new wire (taken from a normal IDE cable) and re-tested my VFD module with another working motherboard and fortunately it is working to my great relief.

with this problem solved i've got the peace of mind to test the fuses and to discover that they are all blown (is it possible ? all 3 blown ?). right now, i need to replace the fuses and to get another VFD cable (the wires are ok but one cable connector is broken).

tomorrow i'll search for fuses in my city and i think i'll find them and do the replacement to myself, btw i'm near to be sure that i'll not find the VFD cable and connectors i need.

at this point, please suggest me if it's better to post the empeg to you to do all the repairs (a new VFD cable, fuse replacement, IDE connector resoldering) or if it's better to search and buy the components and do it to myself. i think i can do the soldering work but i'm not a professional and i dunno where to find the VFD cable.

thank you.

shapeless

MK2a | #010101588 | 2x 120GB SSD  | Hijack v526 | v3.0a11 | > melpomene <
MK2   | #090000581 | 60 & 100GB HD | v2final.mk2 | v2.01 | > backup <
radio | all colors lens | greenlights LBSSK buttons | KCA-R6A + ERC-1A remotes | carry cases | empeg sticker!