Quote:
Quote:

Actually, no. I just don't share most American's taste for childish attacks towards people that don't fit nicely into their ethnocentric worldview.

I never even met most American. How'd he (or she) get that title?

I've a sneaking suspicion that your comment is referring to grammar, perhaps a misplaced apostrophe. If so, I'll ignore it as a waste of time. But I did make a gross generalization there. Please allow me to correct it to "most Americans that I personally have known". And given that I grew up in America, I consider it a decent representative sample.

Quote:
Quote:

You're correct. But Americans sure can corner the market on taking belligerent pride in being all those things, can't they?

Probably not. Cornering the market is hard. Ask the Hunt brothers.

I'm gonna have to stand my ground on this one, with the slight modification to "try to corner the market". I have never met another nationality that can be so proud of ignorant, imperialistic attitudes.

Quote:
Quote:
We in the US at least are able to respect others who do not share the same views as we do.

And taking a moment to meta-comment, that's a load of crap. I've seen and heard of more removed or defaced Kerry signs than Bush signs, but also a non-zero number of Bush signs. Would someone who agreed deface or remove them? Is that mature, respectful behavior?

Couldn't agree more.