No, you're really reading too much into this. This isn't some secret engineering project with empeg. This is just me finding solutions for various vehicles.

I have been working with some rather unique vehicles. Vehicles that have existing factory stereos that take up all of the space needed for an empeg player.

What I have done is create a housing for the empeg player that exists in the trunk. This is combined with some AMX (Panja) gear for IR translation.

The IR translation allows us to skip back and forth through playlists, select specific playlists, and use a larger, more tactile remote.

Hugo has been kind enough to answer several questions I've had along the way. He has been great!

What I'd love to see is a serial display that I could mount in the healiner that connects to the serial port on the empeg. Hugo says composite video out is nearly impossible, but I'd love to see that as well.

It looks like I will have many more challenges ahead. So instead of just reading posts, I thought that I'd actually share and participate a little. After all, if there's a solution to a problem - it will probably come from an empeg user reading this forum.

BTW - the 100 foot display test - the 100 feet of ribbon cable was still on the spool all coiled up. Now that is worst-case testing at it's finest. :-)