Quote:
Well, in the end, Australia was just too big for us.. we never had an idle moment, and just ran out of time seeing the sights and doing the Do's (apologies to Bitt).

Yes, Australia does that. Australians just drive through 900KM of scenery and interesting places on their way from Sydney to Brisbane without a second thought, while tourists can't get enough of it. I think US citizens in particular take for granted that there's going to be nothing really interesting between major cities (which have popped up near the interesting features).

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up, by the way, but if ever you're back then our door is open. (That offer also goes for most people on the empeg BBS. If you're coming to Linux.conf.au 2005, then let me know!)

Quote:
Thanks Paul for your adventurous offers, and to the others who posted/emailed as well. We never did get to meet up in person, but I loved it down there, and just might be back again in the future (esp. now that Air Canada is beginning non-stop service from YVR, avoiding the nasty US Customs run-around-the-tarmac nonsense in Hawaii during refueling there..

Now that is news! I too would like to avoid nasty US Customs run-around and Kate and I would love to visit Canada. I'm assuming there's a stopover in Hawaii, still. Which Australian ports does this go to? (Starts web searching...)

Glad you had fun,

Paul

P.S. These days taking unsolicited photos of women on Australian beaches can get you in trouble with the police...