The insurance company look like they might be getting ready to pay up on my burglary, only 1 and 1/2 months after it happened. Although they're getting decidedly shitty about my spare empeg, claiming it's not covered as it's a car stereo. But anyway, i digress.....

I had two PC's stolen, my Myth box and a desktop machine in my study. Although both machines are quite up-to-date, it's dawned upon me that I never really use the desktop machine any more. So replacing it seems a little pointless. My laptop is a 4 year old Tosh Sat Pro which gets daily hammer at home and is beginning to fall apart (literally) it now has some rather annoying habits. So I've decided to use the money from the desktop to buy a new laptop instead.

Now here's the dilemma, should I buy a 12inch iBook for £749 or try and find something Intel based for a similar price? A friend of mine bought a new HP for £500 and it's horrible. £749 seems like a really good price, they're now putting Airport extreme in as standard and bluetooth is only £35. It would also be my final two fingers to Micro$oft (although VirtualPC looks intriguing). So what do you guys think? I know thinfourth converted a couple of years ago and loren and drakino are big Mac users. So come on, is it worth it?

Andy M