Quote:
The blue wire on the radio Molex Mini-Fit connector is daisy-chained off the single blue remote output of the empeg.

Correct. But the antenna remote wire I'm talking about is not on that connector.

It's on a completely separate connector on the extension cable that was shipped with the retail tuner modules. It hangs loose from the tuner's end of this double-ended extension cable. It is not part of any of the wires that come with the sled. You will only see this wire if you have purchased a retail Rio tuner module. The extension cable was in a baggie that shipped with this tuner module.

Quote:
When he said "isn't connected to anything" I understood that it was a dangling wire.

It is a dangling blue wire that is connected to the end of the tuner extension cable that plugs into the tuner module itself.

If you have a PCATS tuner kit, it's a loose blue wire coming straight out of the kit.

Quote:
If the car has a power antenna that isn't being raised that would obviously explain some reception problems. But if the antenna isn't powered, then the blue wire isn't needed.

Again, keep in mind that there are two kinds of power that an antenna may need.

1. Power to raise and lower a mechanical antenna.

2. Power for an antenna signal strength amplifier.

Just because your antenna doesn't go up and down doesn't mean that the wire isn't needed.

For instance, on my 88 VW GTI, the antenna signal strength amplifier was mounted in the base of the "bee-sting" antenna, and the coax cable that ran from the antenna to the dash also had a small outrigger wire that powered the signal amplfier. If I didn't supply that wire with 12 volts, I got terrible reception.