That shot is from the snowfields above right gulley, above Lion Head. We'd come up the winter route up Lion Head. and proceeded to ski the headwall & down the Sherburne trail, which was a blast. The snowfields above the headwall are fun.

I've never gone for snowboarding, I guess I don't care to be a complete beginner again.

The wider skis today are a blessing on deep snow, and my G4's run very well at scary speed on northeastern hard pack, much more stable than my old 200cm RD Bad Dogs, which were a pretty stiff GS ski. The G4's let me ski through late season New England slop like it's nothing, and aside from being a bit of work in the bumps they're excellent.

I figure the rando setup will let me ease into telemark. If I don't like it they look like pretty decent skis, they have the same sidecut as last year's Volkl Karma, but without the twin tips, which I'd never use. I'm most definitely an old-school skier, no skiing backwards for me, thanks. I just want an easier way uphill than snowshoeing with a 30lb pack full of downhill boots.

If you do get back to 2 sticking it, I can't recommend enough getting on the newer/wider skis with deep sidecuts. They's simply easier to ski better on.

-Zeke