I have my Empeg apart and I think the power supplies are functioning correctly. I even temporarily added an extra 220uF of capacitance in parallel with 3 blue caps on the input of the switching fets, no help. I then moved the 220uF cap to the 3 yellow surface mount caps at the back edge of the board this was the 3.3V supply (I would think this is what the flash would use but not for sure) this had no effect either. I also tried moving it to the two 5V caps and the 2.0V processor core cap all with no effect. I am starting to think that one of two things is happening. (1) the processor is not seeing the power supply go down (this probably happens by the processor looking at a voltage sense line somewhere on the board or (2) the application is somehow still corrupt and it is not looking for the shutdown signal.

I just don't understand this because this thing has worked perfect since I bought it but after setting on the shelf for 3 months is now not working. I should say that the entire time I had it in my previous car it would power up in standby about 1/2 of the time and I was never able to figure it out.
Does anyone think it would be worth wiping out the kernel and app and starting completely over? If so how would I do that.

Very puzzled and sad