I'm completly destroyed: as I'm "self-emplyed" (or something like this) I have to work hard during the day and the only "spare" for developying is during night :-O

Anyway this night (just back from my night-car-fever) was the one! Even if the LCD-display just say CD01-1 (sending messages to various regions on the dashboard-LCD is really easy, I'll do later), my empeg (already mounted with the self-made adapor in the same bay of the original cd-changer) was emulating a BMW I-BUS player, reacting to various dashboard/steering buttons!).

The remaining problems are:

1) Using +12V/GND from the original cd-changer connector (the one that also has the I-BUS signal), I can haar the alternator in the speakers (!). I hope it's a not-so-good-ground problem, I have to investigate further.

2) I used the Mark Lord tip (thank you for replaying) to control the standard player by Empeg guys (using /proc/empeg_notify interface), but it seems that "button=pause" will not do the right things if issued in a odd number order (I hope you get what I want to say, I'm too "underslept" to speak a more decent english. Sorry.

3) I see that "long key press" means a fixed hold/release sequence in the kernel. I don't know if it's a good thing(tm) to patch hijack.c in order to accept a release signal via an ioctl (I want to implement a decent FF/REW).

4) Maybe, when I finish the daemon that deals with the I-BUS, I could think to swap also the player software (the original software eat a lof of CPU, and I think I don't need anymore most of the original features): what alternative (and open source) player do you suggest? Squash looks good, but don't seems actively developed anymore.

BTW for all BMW-guys: Remote signal (= red input for the empeg) is on white wire on radio signal connector (the box under the cd-changer and the tv-tuner if you have one). The signal is delayed of about 1 minute when you turn off the engine.

I could write more and more things, but I'm completly destroyed and I really have to get some sleep.