In case any of you are interested, I thought I'd have a play at trying to create different coloured screens for my Empeg. I've printed some out onto overhead projector film with my Canon bubblejet and I think they're not too bad. I've done some in plain colours and some in gradients. Some look better than others. I've attached a pic of one on my player. The downside of course is that you have to leave off the original Empeg screen so you don't get the AR properties or the conductive layer to prevent RF coming out of the front of the player (at least I think there's a layer to prevent this). What I really need is a screen just like the original but colourless. Maybe if enough people are interested, Empeg (or should I call them SonicBlue?) might be able to get some colourless ones made up to put over the home-made one (alternatively I'll be the only one that thinks it's a good idea and then everyone will laugh at me).
The good thing about this idea is that you can not only get colours that Empeg just don't do (like Purple for instance) you can (with a little experimentation) fine tune the colour to mach the instrumentation in your car. Anyway if you're interested go and have a play for yourself.

beaker
12 gig blue

Attachments
23873-magenta-blue screen.jpg (120 downloads)