In reply to:

I would be curious to see if it's possible to print areas of black on your bubblejet film to ...

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done. I've found it unnecessary to leave a 'hole' in the black for the IR though, the black seems to be transparent enough to let the IR get through OK. I suppose I should put a coloured area in where the standby LED is though. I'm still playing with the idea, trying to find the best way to produce them. The latest ones (shown in the attached pic) have been lacquered on the print side as I've found in the past that this side of the film can absorb moisture from the atmosphere and stay a bit soft. The lacquer should prevent this. As a precaution I'm going to put a layer of mylar film between the lacquered side and the VFD though in case the heat from the VFD makes the lacquer stick to it. I've follow up with a CorelDraw file (version 5.0) attachment to save people who want to have a go themselves some effort. The file may need tweaking (such as adding an area for the standby LED), as I said - I'm still playing with it.

Happy customising

beaker
12 gig blue

Attachments
23902-sheet.jpg (120 downloads)