Working at the help desk, we often have several computers we need to work on. Therefore, we have a Belkin four-port switch at every station. Each port has a VGA and two PS/2 connectors.

I'm looking for a USB to PS/2 adapter because we got new usb keyboards and mice in and we really like them. Would an adapter like this work? Is it possible to do all that converting and traveling? In some instances, the path of the keyboard and mouse would be going back to USB for our newer computers that don't have PS/2 ports.

Anyway, the annoying part of this product search is that every store I've looked at (and Google) incorrectly define a "USB to PS/2" adapter. They're all the kind we already have, which is two female PS/2 ports to a male USB A plug. IMO, that is called a "PS/2 to USB" adapter.

Any help? Is this possible? I know the simple solution would be to just buy a new switch, but then we'd need all new cables anyway, and that's more money. I don't think my company wants to spend more money than they have to, especially since this is more of a request out of preference for the newer equipment.