Quote:
WinRAR seems to do the job perfectly except for one error (see below). I originally untar'ed receiver.arf on a linux box and WinSCP'ed the files back over.

I use gnu tar myself. It recreates the symlinks, though neither Windows nor Java understands them - at least they're easy to track down with "find" or whatever.
Quote:

Looking at it again, I see that there's a symlink ../tftpboot/default/dev/core that points to /proc/kcore (this is where the WinRAR error occurs). That's /proc off the Linux root not the proc directory under tftpboot which is empty. I made a copy of /proc/kcore as ../tftpboot/default/dev/core and it works fine but I was just wondering what riot is using this file for since it is 270MB?

No, no, no...

/proc/kcore isn't really a file. It's a view of the ram on the current system. It only exists at runtime. Since I couldn't symlink to it, I just left /dev/core out. I haven't noticed a problem.

If there were a problem, it wouldn't be solved by copying a ram snapshot off a LInux box anyway.

As for all the busybox copies, I suspect riot doesn't use most of them either. Might be worth narrowing it down a bit to save space - all those copies do add up. I haven't bothered since it doesn't really hurt anything.
Quote:

I'd like to post a zip of riot for RioBoot users but having to include this file would make it too big.

Problem solved?

I used to post these periodically but I've gotten lazy. I'm still running a post 1.5 beta myself - not something I should share. I'll post one if I ever catch up with the current release and there's still a need but if you have one handy you should definitely go for it.