Last night, someone broke into my explorer and ripped out my Mark2 RIO and the chassis. Yes, I know, a pull out design is great for avoiding things like this, but it happened. I'm already pretty mad about it, but now it's time to figure out how to replace.

One idea is to try to buy a direct replacement. I'd be fine with that, depending on cost (would need 60GB and would prefer the tuner).

Another option is to see if there are alternatives that some of you RIO folks have switched to from RIO and thought the switch was successful.

Of highest importance to me is the hard drive capacity and quality of sound. Second is the display, navigation, the "coolness" of having linux running in the car, the ethernet for fast xfer, a pull out design, and a kick-ass remote that lets me do really cool stuff like "ignore this artist for this playlist" or "hey, play me some more of that album I'm on right now".

So, as I browse the ICE forum seeing some of the other folks' reviews, as a direct replacement for the rio car, what would be comparable that's out there now that does the above wishlist?

Thanx much,
Wayne