Not sure the printer model/driver really needs to be mentioned. It is a Sharp AR-507 Network Photocopier. I installed it as a local printer and made a port assigned to it's IP address. I then shared it so it has a network name of \\payroll\ar507. I then mapped lpt2 to that network name using the NET USE command. This is so the DOS application can print to it. Regular Windows printing has always worked and this setup worked fine for us last year so I that's why I came looking for help. I posted on another forum (pluscommunity.com) but about all I got over there were people telling me I should buy their payroll software.

These are HP PCL codes. You are correct there.

There are two problems:
1. I get everything printed and lined up perfectly except the left margin is over one space too far to the left.
or
2. The exact same font is printed as in item 1, line and character spacing is perfect but the space between fields is way too great. Almost like when a space is entered it is actually moving a space and a half.

I don't have a T4 in front of me to explain problem 2 but if you have one (as a fellow Canuck you might) the T4 has a layout something reminiscant to three columns. The leftmost column lines up perfectly. The middle column is printed almost exactly where the third is supposed to be and the third doesn't even show up on the printout (actually I think the 1st character does but that's no good either.

A solution to either would work! I only hope your solution helps problem 1. Looks good to me and it is exactly what I was trying to figure out today!

Thanks and I will keep you updated. I'm not supposed to go to work tomorrow but I might have to drop by now.

Rene

P.S. Here's a link to the other post PlusCommunity