Since I needed
- WiFi
- to get rid of my old 10/100 switch
- some more advanced keep alive ADSL functions,

I replaced my still excellent Zyxel 640 with a new Linksys WAG54-G adsk router. All reviews and tests seemed to be enthusiastic about this little device, and since I have my own web server running I thought I'd better get something as reliable as the Zyxel was.

Now, here's the problem.

On my 10.10.1.10 PC is the server, and several ports are open, clearly.

In the WAG54-G, under Games & Applications, I set up 11 entries in the Single Port Forwarding. External port and internal port were set to equal, since I simply wanted to redirect requests to the proper server (10.10.1.10) and all went well for a week. Then nothing. FTP would work, ping/traceroute as well, but web and ssl would not. I knew for sure that the server itself was working properly, since from the LAN I could access all services.

So, I disbled all single port forwarding and reproduced the same configuration in the Port Range Forwarding menu.
Now it is working again. But I don't know how long it will last, and, mostly, I don't know why the problem occurred in the first place (i.e., why is single port forwarding not working any longer).
Manual doesn't help.

Does anybody use the WAG54-G ? Anyone has an idea?
I've been having a server at home via dsl for 5 years now, with almost zero down time, with my Zyxel. I'll go back to Zyxel in a snap of fingers if I find out I am simply being victim of a firmware "bug" here... Oh, and yes, I updated the firmware to the latest version.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg