The confusion continues. An employee leaked two e-mails from Feb 28th. The first was from James Dolan stating Cablevision has not come to an agreement with Voom HD LLC and will begin shutting down the service. Moments later, an e-mail came from Charles Dolan that things were still up in the air, but looking good for Voom. So it looks like this entire mess up top could be a father/son fight. Kinda bizarre to see, but I tend to believe the second message due to an SEC filing today that states:
Quote:
On February 11, 2005, the Company and CSC Holdings, Inc. filed a Current Report on Form 8-K disclosing that they had signed a letter of intent under which VOOM HD, LLC, a new private company formed by certain Class B holders, including Charles F. Dolan and Tom Dolan, would acquire the business, assets and liabilities of the Company's Rainbow DBS satellite business not included in the agreement with EchoStar announced on January 20, 2005. On February 28, 2005, the Company announced that the letter of intent had expired, that the Company and VOOM HD LLC had ended discussions without reaching a definitive agreement, and that, as a result, the Company would close down the Rainbow DBS business.

The closing of the Rainbow DBS business has been delayed to allow VOOM HD, a further opportunity to explore its ability to present to the Board a transaction for VOOM HD LLC to acquire assets and liabilities of the Rainbow DBS business on terms that are satisfactory to the Board and a committee of independent directors. Charles F. Dolan is currently expected to report to the Board on this matter by March 7, 2005. There can be no assurance that such a transaction can be structured or that any such transaction would be approved by the Board or the committee of independent directors.

Very confusing. But at least it looks like things will be worked out. The transponder changeover that occured yesterday was the first step in not only adding new channels, but also a step needed to move over to MPEG-4. I have a feeling they are trying to push forward with the upgrade, since then even if they do stay on one satellite, the MPEG-4 move will allow them to add channels and still keep the quality that has me sold on the service.