Ok, called all three of my possibilities today. All three have Discovery HD, ESPN HD, and HDNet. Can't say HDNet really excites me much as they offer less selection then the Voom HD lineup. Less sports in HD, less movies, and less other shows. Kinda a problem to shove 21 HD channels down to 2 I guess.

DirecTV: Deals on HD? Hah. It's a $1000 price entry no matter what on the HDPVR. Though the lady did say it should work fine past any upgrades, but she wasn't technical. I'd have to have a more assuring answer before going this route. Content wise, they do have Universal HD, a new favorite of mine due to them carying Monk and Battlestar Galactia.

Dish Network: I still have an active subscription to them only for reception of WB and UPN. And thankfully this doesn't impact my ability to upgrade to HD, since much like DirecTV, they don't really offer any deals on it anyhow. They have TNT HD, but lack Universal HD. Considering I rarley watch TNT HD, there isn't much of an advantage. Their HD PVR lacks name based recording, another negative. But the HDPVR is only $500 and name based recording may be added in the future.

Adelphia Cable: Well, they offer the least amount of HD, with no Universal HD, and no TNT HD. They do have an HDPVR on a lease only, and it's based on the Moxi platform so it has some good features. Problem is to get HD, I have to add a lot of other crap of theirs to get it, resulting in a high bill.

I really wish DirecTV had a cheeper HD PVR model, and that all the providers offered a plan to just pick what channels I want. The advantage of Voom was that they seemed to carry the channels that I liked, and not a ton of garbage cable channels to justify money for their packages.

Not sure what I will do at this point. I want to wait and see if indeed Voom 21 goes to another provider. I guess if April 30th rolls and I haven't made a decision, I can always upgrade Dish to get the basic cable channels since that will take 5 minutes.