Well... I have some concerns here.

I am not saying this isn't a legitimate deal, I do have a couple of points to make. (and no I am not eliminating competition )

I bought my empeg from an individual name "heavyhitter" or something to that effect a few years ago. I sent money to the name and address he gave me. The certified check was signed over to "Austin Laesch" and cashed. (different name than originally started with) A few weeks went by... NO EMPEG. I called him repeatedly got excuses and finally went to the police. Here and local to him. NO Help. Only after I got the FBI involved did I get an empeg... Not the one that I paid for but I did get one. So I did not drop the charges. Only under this kind of pressure did I finally get what I paid for. (months later) He sold the same unit to half a dozen people.
FBI charged him with interstate wire and security fraud, and grand theft I believe. (more than $500) Many counts.

Concern 1) This person is offering a very good deal (heck I want to buy it)--outside the psuedo protection of ebay. Not to mention below the grand theft limit of $500.
Concern 2) This person is very close to Peoria, Illinois where Austin operated.
Concern 3) This person is a new poster. Welcome to the forum btw I am the paranoid one.
Concern 4) This person made a reference to my sale "selling out" where I mentioned Austin Laesch.

Maybe this is a whole lot of nothing... But I stress legit or not... buyer beware.

My apologies if I am barking up the wrong tree.

Attachments
251459-Peoria.bmp (125 downloads)

Edited by stahimooney (17/03/2005 15:19)