Quote:

It's interesting that there's no built-in way in Windows (that I know of) to bind a specific application to a specifc ethernet card.

No, it seems not. That surprised me too. Then again, 99% of all the users (if no more) don't have dual broadband connections like I do, so it's not an issue for them. On the other hand, it would be nice to have the option. Some applications work better on DSL (like bittorrent, Email,...) because the upload pipe is 2x wider than with cable. Others work better with cable because the download pipe is wider there (eg. regular surfing). If I had the choice, I would always use both broadband connections and devide the applications amounst them depending on upload needs...
Quote:

However, I think you could accomplish it all in software, simply by using a piece of personal proxy software. Have the proxy port-forward the desired ports to the correct upstream router. Essentially doing the same thing as the hardware router, only doing it within your PC.

While the cable connects to a router, the DSL modem does not. This modem is directly plugged into the PC (it's an old ISDN DSL modem) and relies on the XP dial-up to work. It's not a router by itself. I imagine this would be a problem.
If not, what software could I use to do this? I'm not afraid to tinker a bit with it.
Quote:

Hm. Maybe this could even be done without third-party software using Microsoft's RRAS features. Not sure. But I think you need to have a Server version of the operating system before those features are available.

I don't know about that, but I'm using XP professional. So it's pretty standard stuff...

Thanks for your insights!