Thanks to 90 minutes with the very helpful folks at Prestige Audio in Middlesex and 5 solid days of on-line review searching, I've narrowed down my Roadster install to the following:

Speakers: Diamond Audio HEX 6.5" components or possibly Xine Audios (has anyone heard these? They are comparable to the Diamond Audio M5's but slightly brighter), to be installed in kickpanels. I haven't actually heard the HEX's yet, but I'll do so next week. The reason I've pretty much decided on them without even hearing them is I heard the M5's in a BMW and they rocked. The owner of the car said the HEX's were even better, and yes, worth the extra £200. Once you've heard them, you can't go back, etc.

Amp: McIntosh MC420M or MC440M (haven't decided yet - 4 channels or 6). I'd like to power the components with a channel each, so a sixer would allow that plus save 2 for the subs.

Sub(s): Possibly Diamond Audio 8" M3's, although I've heard that the a/d/s 8"er is good. I'm going to see how things sound without for a while, and then probably take the car into Prestige for a custom sub install somewhere behind the seats. They do nice work.

Incidentally, does anyone know a good on-line dealer for the McIntosh's? My dealer can't get a demo amp, so if I'm going to buy one without hearing one, I may as well get one on-line from the US cheaper. Failing that, does anyone know a UK dealer with McIntosh's on demo?

Let me know what you think!

Sally