I also wondered about an interface to the empeg over USB and had a much simpler approach : run a service on the win32 machine which listens on some TCP-ports which get forwarded over the USB link to the empeg. Suppose I had port 21 forwarded to the empeg, where an FTP-daemon is listening; an ftp to localhost would result in ftp-ing the empeg. It would probably also be possible to do the same for a samba server, which brings me to the point of linking files. AFAIK the CIFS protocol does smart copying; if a file on a remote server is copied to a location on the same server, the data isn't transferred to the client machine, but the server copies the data internally. This scheme could be used to automatically link copies to the actual data.
I allready had a connection to the empeg over USB, with the use of windriver software.
Empeg Guys, would it be possible to give us a small example of how to connect to the empeg over USB on win32 using the empeg VXD's ? I've tried the CreateFile call, but what should device.c_str() be?

Frank van Gestel