Come on Heather...Let's not throw femine items into the mix. IF the officers weapons are pointed at you, I agree with 'duchebag'. I was in Italy, once, and yeah, I had had a bit of wine with dinner, but not even tipsy...The cops over there, at least at that time carried these precious little machines that shot lots of bullets very fast. I did not know it was a cop, but from behind me I heard someone shout 'ALTO' (sp?) and heard that unmistakable sound of the bolt being pulled back. My hands went up in the air, and I SLOWLY got to my knees, then laid face down on the ground, until I was given further instructions that I could understand. Now I am here reading about duchebags....the guy about a half a block, in front of me (no, I did not know him) hasn't thought about duchebags in a long while...he tried to run, and has now been dead for over 25 years. Go figure...
A friend of my in Jacksonville Fla, got stopped about 5 miles afte leaving a military base, by the cops. He made the mistake of reaching down to get his lighter to light up a cigarette while waiting for the officer to walk up to his window. Eight stitches, a disloacated shoulder and a cracked wrist. Even though it was a 'regrettable mistake', the court told my friend was told (by the court) that he should have known how to behave in that situtation...Guess I better go stock up on duchebags...I can hear the libers starting to yell already!