But it was anything but funny. The physical comedy was crude, but not crude enough to be funny. What they "added" had little to no merit and reallly didn't help tie or link anything up except for shortcuts the also decided to take and restrung plot. I thought the Nose religious scenes were extremely UNfunny.

I simply don't think this holds up well at all on its own. If you don't know the books, this is about as good as Police Academy 6. If you do know the books then you just can't help but hang your head in shame. If you don't feel ripped off and a churning feeling in your gut, then you don't know the books or at least are forgetting the spirit of the comedy and story.

Hey, some people have had the balls to complain that the movie had too much dialogue and was too British. I'm wondering if they were watching the same movie I did. I thought it had far too little dialogue and wasn't nearly British enough. Zaphod simply didn't work. He was not cool. He was just an ass.

I won't be buying it on DVD. I *will* be buying the original BBC TV series. The movie just serves to show (in dozens of ways) why NOT to make a movie.

Bruno